STAT online tests are conducted over a secure internet connection under live (webcam) supervision. You can take your test at a convenient time in the comfort of your home, subject to test window availability.
Essential reading: STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide
STAT Online is conducted via remote proctoring. Remote proctoring involves sitting the test under live supervision using your own computer in a suitable location with internet connectivity. Please watch this short video to understand how remote proctoring works.
Please download and carefully read the STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide. It is expected that you read, follow and understand this guide as part of your agreement to book a STAT online test.
Am I eligible?
For information on age requirements and which test you need to sit, see FAQs.
Candidates based in Western Australia must book through the Tertiary Admissions Centre for their state (TISC).
All other candidates are eligible to sit STAT online.
Before booking your test
To sit your test online, you MUST ensure that you have read the test room and equipment requirements as outlined in the STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer meets the minimum technical requirements before you book your test with ACER or schedule your test time with the online proctoring service.
Booking your test
- First register and pay for your STAT test with ACER.
- After successful registration with ACER, you will receive an immediate email detailing how to schedule your STAT test. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Schedule your preferred time and date within the current STAT online test window via your ACER account. This must be completed at least 72 hours prior to your chosen date (e.g. if you want to sit your STAT at 5 pm Saturday you must select this session before 5 pm Wednesday).
- Dowload the Guardian Browser in your ProctorU account. You will need to use this secure browser to test your equiptment and connect to a proctor on your test day.
- Run the equipment test in your ProctorU account. It is candidate's responsibility to complete the equipment test before the close of the ACER booking window. Equipment test failures may not qualify for refunds after bookings have closed. Read more information about the refund policy.
After booking your test
Your Admission Ticket will be available in your ACER user account. You must either print your Admission Ticket or have a digital copy available to bring to the test.
You will be required to show appropriate photo-bearing identification prior to your test session being activated by your online proctor.