STAT online tests are conducted over a secure internet connection under live (webcam) supervision. Schedule to take your test in the comfort of your own home at a convenient time, day or night, during available test windows.
ESSENTIAL READING: STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide
STAT Online is conducted via remote proctoring. Remote proctoring involves sitting the test under live supervision using your own computer in a suitable location with internet connectivity. Please watch this short video to understand how remote proctoring works.
Please download and carefully read the STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide. It is expected that you read, follow and understand this guide as part of your agreement to book a STAT online test.
2021 online test windows
- 22 February - 1 March (last test window for the current test cycle)
- 17 May - 24 May (first test window of the new test cycle)
- 12 July - 19 July
- 6 September - 13 Setember
- 22 November - 29 November
The next test window is
Monday 22 February 9 am AEDT – Monday 1 March 5 pm AEDT (last test window for this test cycle)
Bookings open - Monday 15 February 2021 at 9am AEDT
Bookings close - Monday 22 February 2021 at 5pm AEDT
No deferrals permitted from this test window to the new test cycle. ACER reserves the right to vary or cancel a test window.
Results release dates:
February test results
Am I eligible?
For information on age requirements and which test you need to sit, see FAQs.
Candidates based in ACT, NSW, QLD, Tas, Vic and outside Australia are eligible to sit STAT online.
Candidates in SA should contact SATAC to determine their eligibility to sit STAT online and to gain written permission from them.
Candidates based in WA must book through the Tertiary Admissions Centre for their state.
How much does it cost?
- STAT Multiple Choice - AUD$225 (2 hrs and 10 min test duration)
- STAT Written English - AUD$210 (1 hr and 5 min test duration)
Only VISA and Mastercard credit/debit cards are accepted for payment. Concessions or payment by instalments are not available. For refund and deferral terms and conditions please go to the refunds and deferrals webpage.
These prices are subject to change.
Before booking your test
To sit your test online, you MUST ensure that you have:
- a personal computer or laptop to use. Public computers found in work places, libraries, universities and schools (including work/school laptops being used at home) may have remote monitoring software installed which is prohibited. They also require administration rights and prevent the disabling of these programs.
- a functioning web camera and microphone connected to (or built into) the computer you plan to use for the test.
- a stable, strong internet connection (Wi-Fi or hardwired).
- a suitable, private room to sit the test, free from noise and distraction (public locations often have network firewalls in place which may block your connection to the online proctoring service and prevent you from sitting STAT).
- met the operating system requirements:
- For PC users, Windows Vista or higher (Windows 10 S is not supported).
- For Mac users, OS X 10.5 or higher.
Important notice for MacOS X Catalina users: Apple increased security features with the release of OS X Catalina. To avoid technical issues during your exam session, you must enable screen recordings. Watch the step-by-step tutorial or read the ProctorU instructions at https://support.proctoru.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036574592-MacOS-X-Catalina-Users-Important-Notice.
- Chromebooks are not supported for STAT exams.
- Linux/Unix/Android/Windows RT tablets, computers or phones are not compatible with your session.
- Minimum screen width 1280px.
- For optimum compatibility we recommend using Google Chrome as your browser when accessing ProctorU.
- Please ensure the unpermitted resources/software programs are closed before commencing the test.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer meets the minimum technical requirements before you book your test with ACER or schedule your test time with the online proctoring service.
Booking your test
Book online STAT test
- First register and pay for your STAT test with ACER.
- After successful registration with ACER, you will receive an immediate email detailing how to schedule your STAT test with the online proctoring service. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Run the equipment test via your ProctorU account. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure the equipment test is completed in a timely manner (before the close of the ACER booking window) as equipment test failures may not qualify for refunds after close of bookings. For more information on refund policy visit: https://stat.acer.org/au/about-stat/refunds-and-deferrals
- Schedule your preferred time and date within the current STAT online test window on the online proctoring service booking site. This must be completed at least 72 hours prior to your chosen date. (e.g If you want to sit your STAT at 5pm Saturday you must select this session before 5pm Wednesday.) More information on how to create your Proctor U account and schedule your test Please note there are a limited number of exam appointments availiable on each day and exams will be filled on a first come, first served basis during the current busy period.
After booking your test
Your Admission Ticket will be available in your ACER user account. You must print your Admission Ticket for the test. It contains your test username for your test session.
You will be required to show appropriate photo-bearing identification prior to your test session being activated by your online proctor.
Please be aware that occasionally through the online test delivery method, significant and/or unforeseeable technical problems may occur during your test session. Where issues cannot be resolved by your online proctor, your session may need to be rescheduled. Your test session MUST be rescheduled with the online proctoring service.
You are strongly advised to complete all of the necessary equipment checks and to allow enough time for rescheduling your test session within the test window (if necessary) due to genuine misadventure or unforeseeable technical problems. Test sessions can be rescheduled up to 72 hours before the end of the STAT online test window.