STAT online tests are conducted over a secure internet connection under live (webcam) supervision. Schedule to take your test in the comfort of your own home at a convenient time, day or night, during available test windows.
ESSENTIAL READING: STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide
STAT Online is conducted via remote proctoring. Remote proctoring involves sitting the test under live supervision using your own computer in a suitable location with internet connectivity. Please watch this short video to understand how remote proctoring works.
Please download and carefully read the STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide. It is expected that you read, follow and understand this guide as part of your agreement to book a STAT online test.
2021/22 online test windows
- 22 November – 29 November
- 12 January – 17 January (Multiple Choice ONLY)
- 21 February – 28 February
The next test window is
Monday 22 November 9 am AEDT – Monday 29 November 5 pm AEDT
Bookings open - Monday 15 November 2021 at 9 am AEDT
Bookings close - Monday 22 November 2021 at 5 pm AEDT
ACER reserves the right to vary or cancel a test window.
Results release dates:
September test results
STAT Multiple Choice: Thursday 16 September 2021, 5 pm AEST
STAT Written English: Tuesday 21 September 2021, 5 pm AEST
November test results
STAT Multiple Choice: Thursday 2 December 2021, 5 pm AEDT
STAT Written English: Thursday 9 December 2021, 5 pm AEDT
Am I eligible?
For information on age requirements and which test you need to sit, see FAQs.
Candidates based in ACT, NSW, QLD, Tas, Vic and outside Australia are eligible to sit STAT online.
Candidates in SA should contact SATAC to determine their eligibility to sit STAT online and to gain written permission from them.
Candidates based in WA must book through the Tertiary Admissions Centre for their state (TISC).
How much does it cost?
- STAT Multiple Choice - AUD$225 (2 hrs and 10 min test duration)
- STAT Written English - AUD$210 (1 hr and 5 min test duration)
Only VISA and Mastercard credit/debit cards are accepted for payment. Concessions or payment by instalments are not available. For refund and deferral terms and conditions please go to the refunds and deferrals webpage.
These prices are subject to change.
Before booking your test
To sit your test online, you MUST ensure that you have read the test room and equipment requirements as outlined in the STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide.
For information on your ProctorU account, system requirements and technical advice, please refer to the ProctorU Resource Centre.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer meets the minimum technical requirements before you book your test with ACER or schedule your test time with the online proctoring service.
Booking your test
Book online STAT test
- First register and pay for your STAT test with ACER.
- After successful registration with ACER, you will receive an immediate email detailing how to schedule your STAT test. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Run the equipment test via your ProctorU account. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure the equipment test is completed in a timely manner (before the close of the ACER booking window) as equipment test failures may not qualify for refunds after close of bookings. For more information on refund policy visit: https://stat.acer.org/au/about-stat/refunds-and-deferrals
- Schedule your preferred time and date within the current STAT online test window on the ProctorU website. This must be completed at least 72 hours prior to your chosen date (eg, If you want to sit your STAT at 5 pm Saturday you must select this session before 5 pm Wednesday). More information on how to create your Proctor U account and schedule your test.
After booking your test
Your Admission Ticket will be available in your ACER user account. You must either print your Admission Ticket or have a digital copy available to bring to the test.
You will be required to show appropriate photo-bearing identification prior to your test session being activated by your online proctor.
Please be aware that occasionally through the online test delivery method, significant and/or unforeseeable technical problems may occur during your test session. Where issues cannot be resolved by your online proctor, your session may need to be rescheduled. Your test session MUST be rescheduled with ProctorU.
If you experience technical difficulties during your test that cannot be resolved, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
You are strongly advised to complete all of the necessary equipment checks and to allow enough time for rescheduling your test session within the test window (if necessary) due to genuine misadventure or unforeseeable technical problems. Test sessions can be rescheduled up to 72 hours before the end of the STAT online test window.