Online STAT tests are conducted over a secure internet connection under live (webcam) supervision. Schedule to take your test in the comfort of your own home at a convenient time, day or night, during available test windows.
ESSENTIAL READING: STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide
STAT Online is conducted via remote proctoring. Remote proctoring involves sitting the test under live supervision using your own computer in a suitable location with internet connectivity. Please watch this short video to understand how remote proctoring works.
Please download and carefully read the STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide. It is expected that you read, follow and understand this guide as part of your agreement to book a STAT online test.
2020 online test windows
Due to COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) and the cancellation of ACER venue-based testing, STAT online sittings have been increased to meet demand.
10 - 17 May
22 - 29 June
13 - 20 July
7 - 17 September
23 - 30 November
The next test window is:
Monday 22 June 9 am AEST – Monday 29 June 5 pm AEST
||Monday 8 June 2020 at 9 am AEST
||Monday 22 June 2020 at 5 pm AEST
May test window
STAT Multiple Choice - Thursday 4 June
STAT Written English - Friday 12 June
|June test window
STAT Multiple Choice - Thursday 2 July
STAT Written English - Tuesday 7 July
ACER reserves the right to vary or cancel a test window.
Am I eligible?
For information on age requirements and which test you need to sit, see FAQs.
Candidates based in ACT, NSW, Tas, Vic and outside Australia are eligible to sit STAT online.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation leading to the cancellation of STAT venue sittings in Qld, NT and SA, candidates in these states can book to sit the test online in June 2020 (only).
Candidates based in WA must book through the Tertiary Admissions Centre for their state (TISC).
How much does it cost?
STAT Multiple Choice: AUD$225 (2 hrs and 10 min test duration)
STAT Written English: AUD$210 (1 hr and 5 min test duration)
Only VISA and Mastercard credit/debit cards are accepted for payment. Concessions or payment by instalments are not available. For refund and deferral terms and conditions please go to the refunds and deferrals webpage.
These prices are subject to change.
Before booking your test
To sit your test online, you MUST ensure that you have:
- a functioning web camera and microphone connected to (or built into) the computer you plan to use for the test
- a stable, strong internet connection (Wi-Fi or hardwired)
- a suitable, private room to sit the test, free from noise and distraction (public locations often have network firewalls in place which may block your connection to the online proctoring service and prevent you from sitting STAT)
- completed the equipment test using the computer you plan to sit the test with in the location you will be doing the test from. Once complete, scroll to the bottom of the page to “connect to a live person” to check your equipment (even if your computer passes the equipment test).
- met the operating system requirements:
- For PC users, Windows Vista or higher (Windows 10 S is not supported).
- For Mac users OS X 10.5 or higher.
- Chromebooks are not supported for STAT exams.
- Linux/Unix/Android/Windows RT tablets, computers or phones are not compatible with your session.
- Minimum screen width 1280px.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer meets the minimum technical requirements before you book your test with ACER or schedule your test time with the online proctoring service.
Booking your test
Book online STAT test
- First, ensure that you have completed and passed the required equipment test.
- Next, register and pay for your STAT test with ACER.
- After successful registration with ACER, you will receive an immediate email detailing how to schedule your STAT test with the online proctoring service. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Schedule your preferred time and date within the current STAT online test window on the online proctoring service booking site. This must be completed at least 72 hours prior to your chosen date. (e.g If you want to sit your STAT at 5:00pm Saturday you must select this session before 5:00pm Wednesday.) More information on how to create your Proctor U account and schedule your test Please note there are a limited number of exam appointments availiable on each day and exams will be filled on a first come, first served basis during the current busy period.
After booking your test
Your Admission Ticket will be available in your ACER user account. You must print your Admission Ticket for the test. It contains your test username for your test session.
You will be required to show appropriate photo-bearing identification prior to your test session being activated by your online proctor.
Please be aware that occasionally through the online test delivery method, significant and/or unforeseeable technical problems may occur during your test session. Where issues cannot be resolved by your online proctor, your session may need to be rescheduled. Your test session MUST be rescheduled with the online proctoring service.
You will forfeit your registration and payment if you do not complete your test sitting(s) during the test window you registered for. For this reason, you are strongly advised to complete all of the necessary equipment checks and to allow enough time for rescheduling your test session within the test window (if necessary) due to genuine misadventure or unforeseeable technical problems. Test sessions can be rescheduled up to 72 hours before the end of the STAT online test window.