Online STAT tests are conducted over the internet under live supervision (referred to as remote proctoring). You can schedule your test(s) for any time of day or night during an available STAT testing window.
Online testing is only available to candidates within the ACT and NSW or located outside Australia.
Candidates in NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC or WA must book venue based tests through the Tertiary Admissions Centre for their state.
||Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC)
||1300 467 822
|South Australia & Northern Territory
||(08) 8224 4000
||Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC)
||(08) 9318 8000
|Victoria & Tasmania
||1300 364 133
Online test dates
|05 January 2018
||12 pm, 9 January 2018
||10 – 14 January 2018
|10 January 2018
||12 pm, 2 February 2018
||5 – 11 February 2018
ACER reserves the right to vary or cancel a test window
STAT Multiple Choice AUD$250 (incl. GST)
STAT Written English AUD$215 (incl. GST)
STAT Online Testing Step-by-Step Guide
Please download and read the STAT Online Testing Step-by-Step Guide for further information on how to register for the STAT test, schedule your test session(s) and sit your test via remote proctoring.
Before booking your test
To sit your test online, you MUST ensure that you have:
- a functioning web camera and microphone connected (or inbuilt) to the computer you plan to use for the test
- a stable, strong internet connection
- a suitable, private room to sit the test, free from noise and distraction (public locations such as universities and libraries often have network firewalls in place which may block your connection to the remote proctoring service and preventing you from sitting STAT).
- the equipment specified by the remote proctoring service in their minimum ‘Technical Requirements’ specification
- completed the equipment test using the computer you plan to sit the test with at the location you will be doing the test from.
- 'connected to a live person' to check your equipment (even if your computer passes the equipment test). Click the 'Allow' button when a message requesting access to your camera and microphone appears, in order to complete the live check of your computer.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer meets the minimum technical requirements before you book your test with ACER and schedule your test time with the remote proctoring service.
Booking your test
- First, ensure that you have completed and passed the required Technical Readiness checks.
- Next, register and pay for your STAT test with ACER.
- After successful registration with ACER, you will receive an immediate email detailing how to schedule your STAT test with the remote proctoring service. If you do not receive an email, please check your junk folder.
- Schedule your preferred time within an available STAT online test window on the remote proctoring service booking site. This must be completed up to 72 hours ahead of your chosen date.
Book online STAT test
After booking your test
ACER will issue an Admission Ticket to you, which will include your test username for the session you have booked.
You will be required to show appropriate photo-bearing identification prior to your test session being activated by your remote proctor.
Please be aware that occasionally through the online test delivery method, significant and/or unforeseeable technical problems may occur during your test session. Where issues cannot be resolved by your remote proctor, your session may need to be rescheduled. Your test session MUST be rescheduled with the remote proctoring service during the test window you registered for.
Please note: It is not possible to reschedule online test session(s) from one STAT online test window to a subsequent STAT online test window. You will forfeit your registration and payment if you do not complete your test sitting(s) during the test window you registered for. For this reason, you are strongly advised to complete all of the necessary equipment checks, and to allow enough time for rescheduling your test session within the test window (if necessary) due to genuine misadventure or unforeseeable technical problems. Test sessions can be rescheduled up to 72 hours before the end of the STAT online test window.