Online STAT tests are conducted over the internet under live supervision. Schedule your test(s) for any time, day or night, during available test dates.
Online testing is only available to candidates within the ACT and NSW or located outside Australia. For information on age requirements and which test you need to sit, see FAQs.
Candidates in NT, Qld, SA, Tas, Vic or WA must book venue-based tests through the Tertiary Admissions Centre in their state/territory.
||Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC)
||1300 467 822
|South Australia & Northern Territory
||(08) 8224 4000
||Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC)
||(08) 9318 8000
|Victoria & Tasmania
||1300 364 133
Online test dates
||Results Available By
|14 – 20 May 2018
||9:00am AEST, 9 April 2018
||Midday AEST, 10 May 2018
||6 June 2018
|26 November – 1 December 2018
||9:00am AEST, 5 November 2018
||Midday AEST, 22 November 2018
||21 December 2018
|29 January – 3 February 2019
||9:00am AEST, 7 January 2019
||Midday AEST, 24 January 2019
||24 February 2019
ACER reserves the right to vary or cancel a test window.
STAT Multiple Choice AUD$225 (incl. GST)
STAT Written English AUD$200 (incl. GST)
No concessions or payment by instalments accepted.
STAT Online Testing Step-by-Step Guide
Please download and read the STAT Online Testing Step-by-Step Guide for further information on how to register for the STAT test, schedule your test session(s) and sit your test online.
Before booking your test
To sit your test online, you MUST ensure that you have:
- a functioning web camera and microphone connected to the computer (or inbuilt) you plan to use for the test
- a stable, strong internet connection
- a suitable, private room to sit the test, free from noise and distraction (public locations such as universities and libraries often have network firewalls in place which may block your connection to the online proctoring service and prevent you from sitting STAT)
- the equipment specified by the online proctoring service in their minimum ‘Technical Requirements’ specification
- completed the equipment test using the computer you plan to sit the test with in the location you will be doing the test from
- 'connected to a live person' to check your equipment (even if your computer passes the equipment test). Click the 'Allow' button when a message requesting access to your camera and microphone appears, in order to complete the live check of your computer.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer meets the minimum technical requirements before you book your test with ACER or schedule your test time with the online proctoring service.
Booking your test
- First, ensure that you have completed and passed the required Technical Readiness checks.
- Next, register and pay for your STAT test with ACER.
- After successful registration with ACER, you will receive an immediate email detailing how to schedule your STAT test with the online proctoring service. If you do not receive an email, please check your junk folder.
- Schedule your preferred time within an available STAT online test window on the online proctoring service booking site. This must be completed up to 72 hours ahead of your chosen date.
Book online STAT test
After booking your test
ACER will issue an Admission Ticket to you, which will include your test username for the session you have booked.
You will be required to show appropriate photo-bearing identification prior to your test session being activated by your online proctor.
Please be aware that occasionally through the online test delivery method, significant and/or unforeseeable technical problems may occur during your test session. Where issues cannot be resolved by your online proctor, your session may need to be rescheduled. Your test session MUST be rescheduled with the online proctoring service during the test window you registered for.
Please note: it is not possible to reschedule online test session(s) from one STAT online test window to a subsequent STAT online test window. You will forfeit your registration and payment if you do not complete your test sitting(s) during the test window you registered for. For this reason, you are strongly advised to complete all of the necessary equipment checks and to allow enough time for rescheduling your test session within the test window (if necessary) due to genuine misadventure or unforeseeable technical problems. Test sessions can be rescheduled up to 72 hours before the end of the STAT online test window.