Online STAT tests are conducted over a secure internet connection under live (webcam) supervision.
Schedule to take your test in the comfort of your own home at a convenient time, day or night, during available test windows.
Online testing is only available to candidates within the ACT, NSW, TAS and VIC or located outside Australia. For information on age requirements and which test you need to sit, see FAQs.
Candidates in NT, QLD, SA or WA must book venue-based tests through the Tertiary Admissions Centre for your state/territory.
||Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC)
||1300 467 822
|South Australia & Northern Territory
||(08) 8224 4000
||Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC)
||(08) 9318 8000
|Victoria & Tasmania
||1300 364 133
Current Test Window (Future test windows will be published after the current test window closes)
First, please REGISTER and PAY for the STAT Online test/s (through the ACER registration system).
Next, SCHEDULE/BOOK your test date and time (with our third-party proctor service as outlined in the confirmation email you receive from ACER after registering).
Please ensure you do this with careful attention to the time zones.
Refer to 'Essential Reading: STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide' below.
9am (AEST), Sunday 12 May 2019 – 5pm (AEST), Sunday 19 May 2019
The proctor service requires you to book your test 3 days (72 hrs) in advance.
TAKE the STAT test (at the time and on the date YOU have selected) - only available during this period:
|9am (AEST), Wednesday 15 May 2019 – 5pm (AEST), Wednesday 22 May 2019
||Monday 3 June 2019 - STAT Multiple Choice
Tuesday 11 June 2019 - STAT Written English
Scheduled tests are NOT TRANSFERABLE BETWEEN TEST WINDOWS. Please consider your test date choice carefully.
ACER reserves the right to vary or cancel a test window.
Test fees (incl. GST)
STAT Multiple Choice AUD$225 (2 hrs & 10 min test duration) STAT Written English AUD$200 (1 hr & 5 min test duration).
VISA and Mastercard credit/debit cards only accepted for payment. Concessions or payment by instalments are not available. For refund terms and conditions please go to the refunds and deferrals webpage.
ESSENTIAL READING: STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide
Please download and carefully read the STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide. It is expected that you read, follow and understand this guide as part of your agreement to book a STAT online test.
Before booking your test
To sit your test online, you MUST ensure that you have:
- a functioning web camera and microphone connected to (or inbuilt) the computer you plan to use for the test
- a stable, strong internet connection
- a suitable, private room to sit the test, free from noise and distraction (public locations such as universities and libraries often have network firewalls in place which may block your connection to the online proctoring service and prevent you from sitting STAT)
- the equipment specified by the online proctoring service in their minimum ‘Technical Requirements’ specification
- completed the equipment test using the computer you plan to sit the test with in the location you will be doing the test from
- 'connected to a live person' to check your equipment (even if your computer passes the equipment test). Click the 'Allow' button when a message requesting access to your camera and microphone appears, in order to complete the live check of your computer.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer meets the minimum technical requirements before you book your test with ACER or schedule your test time with the online proctoring service.
Booking your test
- First, ensure that you have completed and passed the required Technical Readiness checks.
- Next, register and pay for your STAT test with ACER.
- After successful registration with ACER, you will receive an immediate email detailing how to schedule your STAT test with the online proctoring service. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Schedule your preferred time and date within the current STAT online test window on the online proctoring service booking site. This must be completed up to 72 hours ahead of your chosen date.
Book online STAT test
After booking your test
Your Admission Ticket will be available in your ACER user account. You must print your Admission Ticket for the test. It contains your test username for your test session.
You will be required to show appropriate photo-bearing identification prior to your test session being activated by your online proctor.
Please be aware that occasionally through the online test delivery method, significant and/or unforeseeable technical problems may occur during your test session. Where issues cannot be resolved by your online proctor, your session may need to be rescheduled. Your test session MUST be rescheduled with the online proctoring service.
Please note: it is not possible to reschedule online test session(s) from one STAT online test window to a subsequent STAT online test window. You will forfeit your registration and payment if you do not complete your test sitting(s) during the test window you registered for. For this reason, you are strongly advised to complete all of the necessary equipment checks and to allow enough time for rescheduling your test session within the test window (if necessary) due to genuine misadventure or unforeseeable technical problems. Test sessions can be rescheduled up to 72 hours before the end of the STAT online test window.