Online STAT tests are conducted over a secure internet connection under live (webcam) supervision. Schedule to take your test in the comfort of your own home at a convenient time, day or night, during available test windows.
The next test window is:
Monday 10 February 9 am AEDT – Monday 17 February 5 pm AEDT
||Saturday 1 February 2020 at 9 am AEDT
||Monday 10 February 2020 at 5 pm AEDT
STAT Multiple Choice - 3 business days
STAT Written English - Monday 2 March
* Please note this is the last scheduled test in the 2019/2020 testing cycle. The next test sitting will be in May 2020.
Scheduled tests are NOT TRANSFERABLE BETWEEN TEST WINDOWS. Please consider your test date choice carefully. ACER reserves the right to vary or cancel a test window.
Am I eligible?
Online testing is only available to candidates within the ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC or located outside Australia. For information on age requirements and which test you need to sit, see FAQs.
Candidates in NT, QLD, SA or WA must book venue-based tests through the Tertiary Admissions Centre for your state/territory.
How much does it cost?
STAT Multiple Choice: AUD$225 (2 hrs & 10 min test duration)
STAT Written English: AUD$200 (1 hr & 5 min test duration)
Only VISA and Mastercard credit/debit cards are accepted for payment. Concessions or payment by instalments are not available. For refund terms and conditions please go to the refunds and deferrals webpage.
Before booking your test
To sit your test online, you MUST ensure that you have:
- a functioning web camera and microphone connected to (or built into) the computer you plan to use for the test
- a stable, strong internet connection (Wi-Fi or hardwired)
- a suitable, private room to sit the test, free from noise and distraction (public locations often have network firewalls in place which may block your connection to the online proctoring service and prevent you from sitting STAT)
- completed the equipment test using the computer you plan to sit the test within the location you will be doing the test from. Once complete, scroll to the bottom of the page to “connect to a live person” to check your equipment (even if your computer passes the equipment test).
Operating System requirements: For PC users, Windows Vista or higher (Windows 10 S is not supported). For Mac users OS X 10.5 or higher. Chromebooks are only supported for the G Suite Certification and G Suite Administrator exams. Linux/Unix/Android/Windows RT tablets, computers or phones are not compatible with your session.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer meets the minimum technical requirements before you book your test with ACER or schedule your test time with the online proctoring service.
Booking your test
Book online STAT test
- First, ensure that you have completed and passed the required equipment test.
- Next, register and pay for your STAT test with ACER.
- After successful registration with ACER, you will receive an immediate email detailing how to schedule your STAT test with the online proctoring service. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Schedule your preferred time and date within the current STAT online test window on the online proctoring service booking site. This must be completed at least 72 hours prior to your chosen date.
After booking your test
Your Admission Ticket will be available in your ACER user account. You must print your Admission Ticket for the test. It contains your test username for your test session.
You will be required to show appropriate photo-bearing identification prior to your test session being activated by your online proctor.
Please be aware that occasionally through the online test delivery method, significant and/or unforeseeable technical problems may occur during your test session. Where issues cannot be resolved by your online proctor, your session may need to be rescheduled. Your test session MUST be rescheduled with the online proctoring service.
Please note: it is not possible to reschedule online test session(s) from one STAT online test window to a subsequent STAT online test window. You cannot, under any circumstances, carry credit from missed test sittings forward to pay for subsequent test sittings. You will forfeit your registration and payment if you do not complete your test sitting(s) during the test window you registered for. For this reason, you are strongly advised to complete all of the necessary equipment checks and to allow enough time for rescheduling your test session within the test window (if necessary) due to genuine misadventure or unforeseeable technical problems. Test sessions can be rescheduled up to 72 hours before the end of the STAT online test window.
ESSENTIAL READING: STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide
Please download and carefully read the STAT Online Test Step-by-Step Guide. It is expected that you read, follow and understand this guide as part of your agreement to book a STAT online test.